No trip to Duluth is complete without checking out some of the great attractions and seasonal activities available in and around town!
We know that visitors will be hard pressed to leave our splashtastic tropical oasis waterpark, but we always encourage all of our guests to get out and discover the best Duluth has to offer. With tons of options all over town, Duluth is your best bet for attractions and entertainment in Northern Minnesota. Our beautiful city features the perfect combination of serene nature and lively urban-life, all along the banks of the biggest fresh water lake in the world, Lake Superior.
Ranked as one of Minnesota’s most popular cities, Duluth is rich in culture and overflowing with history. With tons of fun, entertaining and educational activities and attractions, Duluth offers something for visitors of all ages! Described as a ‘Four Season City,’ finding something to do anytime of the year is no problem. Take a relaxing cruise aboard the Vista Fleet or check out the famous Aerial Lift Bridge. Spend a day exploring the historic downtown area or the Canal Park district. At Canal Park you are sure to find something to delight all your senses such as delicious dining, spectacular shopping and the best in entertainment.
Enjoy scenic views of Lake Superior and convenient access to exquisite dining and quality entertainment. Book your room online now or call today for your chance to explore all Duluth has to offer, you will be surprised at what you find: 800-777-7925
- Grandma’s Sports Bar & Saloon – A Duluth mainstay since 1976, this award winning restaurant started as a boarding house for sailors, but since has grown to be one of the best places for family dining in a fun, friendly and entertaining atmosphere.
- Charter Fishing – There are various charter fishing companies in Duluth for visitors who want to sit back and cast the casual line or are looking for a more specialized sport fishing experience. Check here for a list of Duluth’s top Lake Superior Charter Fishing Companies.
- Duluth Art Institute – A rich part of the ever growing history and culture of Duluth, the 106 year old art gallery features works from some of the most innovative artists in the area along with national traveling exhibitions.
- Lake Superior Zoo – Tigers, bears, leopards, cougars and lions. Only a few of the exotic animals you can see at The Lake Superior Zoo and just a few minutes south of downtown Duluth. With great tours and plenty of educational programs this is fun for all ages.
- Spirit Mountain Recreation Area – Year round there is always something to do at the Spirit Mountain Recreation Area or Spirit Mountain Adventure Park. Tons of options for outdoor fun! Check out their Alpine Coaster or spend a few winter days exploring their 175 skiable acres, including a Big Air Terrain Park with Super Pipe.
- Great Lakes Aquarium – Explore the many spectacular animals and ecosystems of the Greater Lakes and beyond. Share in all the stunning educational and informative activities the great Lakes Aquarium offers, including a two-story tank and exhibits showcasing more than 70 species. A awesome option for a Great Lakes exploratory aquatic adventure.
- S.S. William A. Irvin Ore Boat Museum – The flagship of U.S. Steel’s Great Lakes Fleet, the S.S. William A. Irvin was key to the iron ore industry during the last half of the 20th century. A maritime portrait of grace and power, you will be amazed by 2,000 horsepower brass steam engines and lavish custom wood work in guest rooms.
- Zeitgeist Arts – Enjoy the finest in American cuisine with a tall beer or a glass of fine wine while you take in a movie or stage performance at Duluth’s Zeitgeist Arts. Take part in supporting Duluth’s growing artistic community in the most intimate of settings. All proceeds from Zeitgeist go to promote their charitable work.